cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper jam in ImageClass MF733Cdw

arifkh
Apprentice

The message states to remove the jammed paper fom the back drawer. I have already done that and I don't see any more shreds of paper stuck. But it does not reset. I have recycled the printer power and the message won't go

away.View from back 1View from back 1View from back 2View from back 2Message on LCDMessage on LCD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

If the paper ripped and the code will not clear, it looks like the hardware is damaged or a piece has been pulled into the paper path. If the code will not clear, you can try turning the printer off and on a few times with the toner out of the printer to see if any pieces are ejected. If that does not clear the code, it looks like the printer needs service. To check your service options, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or log into your MyCanon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

If the paper ripped and the code will not clear, it looks like the hardware is damaged or a piece has been pulled into the paper path. If the code will not clear, you can try turning the printer off and on a few times with the toner out of the printer to see if any pieces are ejected. If that does not clear the code, it looks like the printer needs service. To check your service options, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or log into your MyCanon.

joeydude23
Apprentice

Hi did you get to fix this? I had a paper jam too and i cant get it out anymore. Hope you can help thanks

No. It definitely required service, as confirmed by Hector above. Since I was out of warranty and Canon does not provide non warranty repair options, I ended up throwing it away.

ugh ok, im out of warranty too so my fate will be the same 😞

click here to view the gallery
Announcements