cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PageComposer Error - Cannot find the module necessary for printing C5051

readwrite
Apprentice

Hi

Having some problems trying to setup a Windows 2008 R2 print server with shared Canon iR C5051 printer

I've created the printer, installed the 64 bit driver Canon iR-ADV C5045/5051 PCL6 v 20.90 and works fine for 64 bit Windows 7 clients, installed the 32 bit driver by selecting printer properties, sharing tab, additional drivers and selecting x86 and pointing to the 32 bit PCL driver. Driver installs fine on the print server without any errors.

Goto 32 bit client, add printer, select the shared printer from the printserver, printer installs Ok. When the user however tries to print, get the error:-

Canon PageComposer

Cannot find the module necessary for printing

Re-install the printer driver

I've done this countless times, any idea's on how to fix ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

PrinterLogicPSE
Apprentice

I have a customer that is seeing this error on their Cannon printers. Does anyone know what the root cause is for this error message and how to fix it?

We tried using different drivers with same results. Not sure what is causing the PageComposter Error to pop up.

Hi, PrinterLogicPSE!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements