cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC-850 copier jams when trying to make copies

krobert23
Apprentice

I have a Canon copier model PC-850 that is jaming when making copies from both the paper tray and the side manual tray.

Can you help me?

Ken Robertson

[MOD NOTE: Personal information removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi krobert23.

I will be able to assist you.

When experiencing frequent paper jams, it is recommended that you clean the Static Charge Eliminator.  Please follow the instructions below:

1.  Open the Front Door.

2.  Lift the green lever on the left side to open the top of the main unit.

3.  With two fingers, grip the finger grip located on the front part of the static charge eliminator.  Lift and pull out the static charge eliminator from the copier.

4.  Using the static eliminator cleaning brush (attached to the back side of the front door), sweep clean the slot on the static charge eliminator.

*  It is recommended that the brush be returned to the storage location on the back side of the front door to avoid misplacement.

5.  With two fingers, grip the finger grip of the static charge eliminator.  Insert the static charge eliminator back into the copier until you hear a click.

*  Do not touch the purple colored surface of the drum;  doing so may adversely affect the copy quality.

6.  Securely close the top of the main unit.

* You cannot close the front door until the main unit is closed.

7.  Securely close the front door.

*  You cannot operate the copier if the front door is open.

If the paper jam error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements