cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canon MF733Cdw - ADF Scanned Pages Show Black Line for Bottom Edge of Scanned Page

GeneralUser
Apprentice

I just set up a new MF733Cdw printer and have a problem with the ADF scanner. The scanned PDF output shows the bottom horitzontal edge of odd-numbered pages (side facing up when loaded on ADF tray) with a black line. The black line is probably a few millimeters above the bottom of the PDF page area.

I'm scanning double sided, and the even-numbered pages (side facing down) do not have this problem. Scanning using the flat bed works fine also.

Just want to mention that I don't believe this is related to dirt on the scanner glass (although I have cleaned top and bottom glass areas).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just want to provide some info in case others have this same problem.

I called the support number you suggested. The customer rep tested on their MF733 machine and it showed the same output. The black horizontal line is just the shadow from the end of the page. The PDF scanned area at the bottom exceeeds the actual margins of the page. Using the "Canon MF Scan Utility" on the computer to set the margins to 8.5 x *10.8* fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi GeneralUser.

It appears that there may be another issue with the feeder. Please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). We will be glad to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Just want to provide some info in case others have this same problem.

I called the support number you suggested. The customer rep tested on their MF733 machine and it showed the same output. The black horizontal line is just the shadow from the end of the page. The PDF scanned area at the bottom exceeeds the actual margins of the page. Using the "Canon MF Scan Utility" on the computer to set the margins to 8.5 x *10.8* fixed the issue.

Announcements