05-12-2017 05:39 PM
I just setup a new Cannon image CLASS MF247dw and I am able to print from my PC but can not scan. I keep getting the Warning message ....
"MF Scan Utility that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer. Install the appropriate MF Scan Utility, and then perform the operaion again."
I have went to the Cannon site and downloaded the drivers for this multifunctional printer and it still gives me this warning message. I dont think this would matter but it's connected via network cable to my network and the PC the software is installed on is windows 7 64bit OS. Please help with any info you can.
Thanks in advance!
05-13-2017 09:12 AM
It sounds like the MF Scan Utility (scanning software) is not installed. On your Start menu under All Programs, is there a Canon folder? If so, is the MF Scan Utility listed in the Canon folder? If the MF Scan Utility is not listed in the Canon folder, the program is not installed. To resolve your issue, please follow the steps below to download and install the MF Scan Utility program from our web site.
1. Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your MF247dw.
2. The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.
Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.
3. Click on Software to view the section.
4. Click on SELECT next to [Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.184.108.40.206 to download the scanning software.
5. After clicking on the SELECT button next the file name, click on DOWNLOAD to save the file to your computer.
6. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)
7. If the Setup Wizard doesn't start automatically, open your Downloads (or Documents) folder.
(1) You will see two icons with the name: MFScanUtility_V1300_EN. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.
(2) In the folder you will see two listings for Setup. Double-click on the Setup that has the type as "Application".
8. Once complete, restart your computer.
If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
06-18-2018 10:58 PM
I am unable to scan from feeder on MF Scan utility. I keep getting place originals in feeder when the documents are in feeder. I have tried to uninstall the mf scan download and reinstall which doesn't work. Any assistance would be appreciated.