cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MF264dw printer does not have the control condensation menu choice.

Bamalamb
Apprentice

I am having condensation issues with this printer when more than 50 copies are printed. I have two of these exact printers. One has the menu choice under <Adjustment/Maintenance> while the other does not. It only goes to <clean fixing assembly> and does not have that fifth choice for <control condensation>.

How do I remedy this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are they running different FW versions?  That might be the first thing to confirm. 

The support portal has a FW update tool:

Canon Support for imageCLASS MF264dw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, they are both on the same firmware versions.

Greetings,

If they are on the same FW and you are using Canon brand toner, I would reach out to Canon Support.  You can also try performing a device reset on the unit which doesn't have the expected menu option, but a call to support might yield the quickest resolution.   

1 (800) 652-2666

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements