cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB5350 is stuck in turning on and off

moonlight142
Apprentice

It’s endless repetition of showing Maxify on the display and then turn off. Turn on again. Seconds later… Tried cutting off voltage but didn’t help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Magwych
Apprentice

The issue seems to be caused by the printer contacting the Canon server to check for a firmware update.
I fixed ine by blocking the printer from accessing the internet in my router. It is accessible from my wifi netwrok but it cannot get to any sites outside my wifi netwrok.
If you do not know how to do that, or do not have a router that lets you do it, try this :
Pull the powr cord from your pinter to turn it off.
Temporarily turn off your wifi router or access point, to block any access to the internet.
Put the power cord bck in and turn the printer on, it should now start up properly.
In the menu, go to Set Up -> Device Settings->Firmware Update->Update Notification Settings and set to "Off". This turns off that feature in the printer.
Quit the menu, turn the printer off.
Turn back on your wifi, when it is back up and running turn the printer back on.
In this state the rpinter will be checking for any firmware updates from Canon. If that is important to you, when you think it is safe, go back into that menu and turn it back on again 😉

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Hi 

Canon UK support sent me this to fix the problem of continuosly cycling on and off. :-  https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/maxify_mb_se... I downloaded the fix/update for my Maxify MB2050 and after some print error problems I managed to get my printer working (fingers Crossed) after I carried out the firmware update and updated the drivers before it would work.

debond210
Apprentice

I have (had) the MB2320 Maxify and have not been able to use it for some time. Tried all the suggestions here and nothing worked. Finally gave up and bought a new printer. Just tired of troubleshooting with this issue. My Maxify will now be recycled. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Moonlight142,

If you are having problems with the power when the printer connects to the network, you can update the printer's firmware to the most recent version using a USB cable. You can find the steps for updating the printer's firmware using the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART180792

click here to view the gallery
Announcements