Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB5060

Sparky1
Apprentice

Hi,

My MB5060 will not scan

I'm running Windows 10 and it used to work fine

The printer is connected ed to my PC via USB port.

When I load a document in the feeder and select scan it goes through the following process:

Select Scan

Select save Location - PC

Click -Local USB 

Scan comes on-screen briefly then

Doc Type - Document

After that, I just go round in circles 

Save profile, Local USB etc etc

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sparky1,

The MAXIFY MB5060 is part of the MAXIFY MB5000 series.

The MAXIFY MB5060 is sold outside of the United States.  The model that is similar (which is sold in the United States) is the MAXIFY MB5020.  The steps below should resolve the issue that you are experiencing.

To be able to scan again, it is recommended that the driver is reinstalled.  To do this, please turn your MAXIFY MB5060 off and then follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  In Control Panel, please click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on the view).

4.  Right click the Canon MB5000 series and left click on Remove device.

5.  Repeat until all Canon MB5000's are gone.

6.  Once done, please click on Control Panel in the upper left corner (or the Back button).

7.  Click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on the view).

8.  In the list of prorgams, please click one time on the "Canon MB5000 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

9.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.

10.  Once you have clicked "Complete" and the MP Drivers are removed from the list, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the link below to access the downloads for your MAXIFY MB5000 series printer:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/small-office-home-office-...

As I mentioned, the MB5020 and MB5060 are both part of the MB5000 series.  Because of this, they use the same driver.

2.  Click the Select button next to "MB5000 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.04 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.

4.  Once the download is complete, please open your Downloads folder.  Most browsers will open this folder when you press CTRL and J.

5.  Double click "mp68-win-mb5000-1_04-ea33_3.exe' to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall the drivers.

7.  When the installation asks for the connection method, please choose USB and click Next.

8.  At the next screen, please turn your MAXIFY MB5060 back on.

Once the installation is complete, please attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements