Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Malfunction Canon D560/D530 Scanning Problems

I've owned a D530 printer/scanner since March 19, 2015 and haven't had any problems with it.  This past week I haven't been able to scan anything and it's causing a serious problem in my work schedule.  My Operating System is Windows 8.1.

My problem:

When I first try to scan, the actual device makes the sounds as if it scanning.  But on the screen it is stuck at 0%, similar to the problems at the beginning of this YouTube video.

The device itself gives an error message after a few minutes while the software on the screen remains stuck at 0% until I eventually have to force quit with CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Any attempts to scan after that brings up this lovely error message

ScannerErrorMessage.jpg

I figured maybe it was a driver problem, so I downloaded an update from here.  I'm still having the exact same problem, so I'm completely at a loss.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Malfunction Canon D560/D530 Scanning Problems

P.S. I forgot to add that it is not a USB cord problem.  If I disconnect the cord...

1- Trying to scan from the scanner gives the "Connect Computer" error message.

2- Trying to initiate a scan from the software gives the same error message as posted in my main post.