Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta "Roller" Toner Marks Down Right Side of Page with ImageClass MF733CDW

Kast10
Contributor

Hi,

I have a brand new MF733CDW. 

Symptoms: 

On Every page I print,  "Red" Magenta "roller" marks down the front right side of the page. On double sided printing the marks appear on the left side of the back page.  I say roller marks because they are consistantly spaced as if someone put red ink on one spot of a rolling pin and rolled it over paper.  The smudge marks appear about every inch apart down the length of the paper.  This happens on black and white print also. 

All other colors, or printing seems fine. 

My Enviroment: 200ft Above Sea Level, the printer is kept at 68Degrees or so, not high humidity. I just upgraded from a MF6 series which had no issues what so ever. 

Cannons trouble shooting says it is a papper issue, loading paper issue, or Fixing Assembly issue. 

Touble shooting so far:

1. Tested 3 differnt types of printing paper (nothing fancy). All of these papers worked perfectly with a MF6 series.
  2. Made sure all paper types are correctly enterd into the printer (which I have never had to do with any other printer). 
  3. Cleaned Fixing Assembly for back stain
  4. Clleaned Fixing Assembly

Does any one have any ideas on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Kast10
Contributor

The Auto Adjust Print Gradient didn't help this either.   

This seems to be a mechanical issue.  Is the magenta cartridge defective? 

Kast10
Contributor
Anyone?

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Kast10.

I see that you have performed a couple of fixing unit cleanings, as well as the gradation adjustment. Please try running the transfer belt cleaning a few times. To clean the transfer belt, please follow the instructions below:

1. Select <Menu> in the Home screen.

2. Select <Adjustment/Maintenance> <Maintenance>.

3. Select <Clean ITB>.

4. Select <Start>.

Cleaning starts. When a message appears stating that cleaning is complete, press to return to the Home screen.

If the quality does not improve, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is an older thread, but I am having the same issues, a megenta smudge on the right side of the paper.  It looks as though its a roller or something, as the marks are about 1 1/8" apart, and are about 3/4" wide, and an 1/4" tall. Also the are darker on the right, and fade out to the left.  I have done all the cleanings available via the printers menu, and it has not changed.  I'm open to any suggestions here....

edit: After doing about 5 Auto Adjust Gradiation Full Adjusts and Quick Adjusts it seems to have helped a little, however they are still there.  Maybe it will go away with time?  If its my toner cart thats the problem, I suppose I can replace it..

Kast10
Contributor
My issue was a defective roller. I swapped out the cartridge and the new one worked fine.
Announcements