cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OSX High Sierra - cannot see/connect to wireless printers

MWP81
Apprentice

Hi,

I've installed latest version of MacOSX (High Sierra) onto 2 of our 3 MBPs. All seemed to be OK with install and running High Sierra except that I can no longer see or connect to any networked printer, via Airprint or other wireless/network means. On the 1 MBP with old OSX (Sierra) I can still see and print from the printer in question so I know the printer itself is fine. 

In terms of attempts to self-diagnose and repair:

- I've downloaded and installed the Canon driver for High Sierra.

- I've also reset printers, restarted computer, deleted files from /library/printers, etc. etc. and nothing has worked. 

I'm keen to avoid Ethernet/USB direct connection though it looks like I'm going to have to revert to this old-school way of doing things until a fix is found.

Now to contact Apple Care...

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks!

--

MBP 2017 (High Sierra)

MBP 2012 (Sierra)

MBP 2010 (High Sierra)

Canon i-Sensys MF724cdw

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, MWP81!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

I live in the USA and purchase my MX870 in the USA.............now can you help?  I recently upgraded to High Sierra on my Mac laptop and now cannot get my printer to work wirelessly.  I've read the issue with the scanner no longer working!  Not happy!  So if I go to an older version would the wireless printing work again like the scanner??? 

I have the same problem with the Canon Selphy.  It has no problem printing wirelessly on Macs with Sierra but after upgrading to High Sierra, it will print maybe one or two photos and then it will try to print the next one but the printer never changed the status to busy even though the print queue said connected to printer and that's it.  Have to restart the printer, re-print the photo to get it working again.

Hi Merrily203,

The PIXMA MX870 was retired prior to the release of Macintosh OS 10.13 High Sierra, and no drivers have been written for the new operating system.  The printer will continue to work with OSX 10.11 El Capitan or earlier, and will function as a fax and photocopier regardless of operating system. Older versions of the drivers may not provide full functionality on new computers.

If you would like to replace your printer, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price, and with free FedEx Ground shipping. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight ET. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MWP81
Apprentice

Answering my own question, I seem to have resolved the issue by simply updating the MFD's firmware. Hope that helps others with similar issues. 

Thanks very much for this advice as I am not able to use my printer. I am sorry, but can you lease tell me how to update MFD firmware. 

Announcements