cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Big Sur

poc4545
Apprentice

I have upgraded to OS Big Sur and successfully downloaded the driver from usa.canon.com for my ImageClass 227 dw printer.  When I try to print something I get a "error in printing message."  Help.  Thanks.  paul

19 REPLIES 19

NubianQueen
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have been looking all over online for a solution to this same problem!

As I was about to give in a probably buy a whole new printer, I started looking up printers compaptible with Mac Os Big Sur and came upon a site that listed a bunch of different printers. When I clicked Canon printers it was actually the EUROPEAN version of the ImageClass series called iSensys. Same printer just a different So I googled the ISensys Canon site and found the driver here. Same picture as the Canon ImageClass Mf229dw series just different model name. It worked for me! 

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbas...

Please try this or a similar European version of your printer driver.

Good luck!

Thank you,

This worked for me! Canon mf269dw connected to imac Big Sur with USB cord.

twister
Apprentice

I'm having same issue trying to print wirelessly.

Was work fine on Big Sur 11.2 until recent update then I wasnt able to print and after removing the printer and resetting the print system I was not able to see the device anymore. All I saw was Virtual Scanner II. I tried new downloads of latest drivers - no luck.

So I decided I'd try 11.3 Beta 5 to see if that helped - no luck. Updated firmware directly from the printer via internet - no luck and now I cannot print from iPAD and iOS which was working previously

I've tried European drivers no luck. 

Canon what's the remedy before I throw this thing in the trash.......

Twister

Has anything been resolved here?  I'm so confused.  I got my new imac in February.  I set it up.  I added the MX882 thinking it would be difficult, and it was a breeze.  The Canon website said that the MX882 wouldn't need drivers, so I didn't download any.  The imac found it easily with bonjour  I added it and it worked.  So easy.  And I could print from anywhere in the house on any device.  I was pumped.  It worked up until about 5 days ago.  My son says the printer isn't working. 

So I come in and try to reinstall it, and first it couldn't find it.  So I had to reconnect the printer to the wifi (didn't have to do that the first time.  When I finally did that, ios says it can see it.  I go to add it as a printer, and it's asking for drivers.  And won't let me add it without a driver.  Canon says I shouldn't need drivers.  What gives here?

HELP

hi JoWall, no response from Canon or anyone with solution so I bought another printer from Brother, works fine. Will sell the Canon and not get one again.

ehsanesf
Apprentice
Hi
I fixed the issue I had with installing all three drivers of MF229dw. And I chose MF220 series with fax for installing the driver.
Cheers.

Hi ehsanesf - my model is MF624CW which I tried a version of but no joy.

I can print via LPD to IP address but now nobody else can print from iPAD or iPHONE which did work perviously and I have no scanning capability at all.

steelmike
Apprentice

OK, like other here, Have MacBook Pro M1 2020, Big Sur11.2.1,  using  canon mx922 the printer prints, but when I try to use the scanner SAYS " The application “Canon IJScanner5” can’t be opened." I have down loaded drivers to no avail.  It is frustrating.  

1. Is there solution ?

2. Does Canon not support Big Sur11.2.1, ?

3. I don't believe I am the only person in this situation.

4. Help?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon won't take my call. They tell me that they don't support my printer so won't even pick up the phone for a conversation.  Might possibly be the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Announcements