cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS 10.15.7 and MFC642 scan issues

rudowin1962
Contributor

Hello,

the MFC642 provide me with a ton of headaches. Scanning is almost impossible. The original Canon driver is not working (communication error). I'm using (if the scanner is working) the generic Mac driver. To print/scan I use WiFi connection. The MFC is correctly displayed and active in my Linksys Router. To troubleshoot and make it working, I installed/uninstalled countless times the driver and sometimes is working, most times not. With my old Xerox I had not a single issue. Most error codes are: 2000001; 600104; 600108. 

Any help on this item beside what I did in the past? Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rudowin1962,

From what you are describing it does sound like the MF652 does not have a reliable network connection. If the connection switches between working and failing without changing any settings, it will usually point to a weak signal. Scanning will need a stronger connecting than printing. In this situation, You can try unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in or moving the MF642 so it has a better connection to the network. 

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. How far is the MF642 from the wireless router?
  2. When you scan from our software, what specific error code do you get?
  3. Are you able to scan from other devices on your network?

Hello,

thanks for the reply and suggestions. The router is may 15 ... 20Ft away in the same room on the same floor. All other devices have no connection issues.

At this moment the Canon software is working - the question is for how long.

I do not have any other devices to scan to.

Thanks a lot.

Announcements