cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scanner not working in Win10

jkraut
Apprentice

I have upgraded my computer from Win7 to Win10 with a clean install with only one small problem, my printer.

The printer works OK  except for the scanning function will not scan a document, so I called the Canon tech support and he walked me through installing the new drivers up until the last step of the installation when a notice popped-up saying "Canon Driver Installation has stopped" at this point the tech guy suggested we temporarily turn off the Windows Defender software and the Malware I have installed, I did that but it had no effect, I still got the same pop-up warning so he didn't know what else to do and suggested I call Microsoft.

So, I called MS and explained the situation to them and they quickly told me it was not their problem because it was a driver issue and that is Canon's problem, so I am in a catch-22 situation and I really need the scanner.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

merrymary247
Rising Star

You might try turning off the Windows 10 auto-printer management before installing?

Click on the Windows icon in the lower left, select Settings. Click Devices, then Printers & Scanners. Scroll to the bottom and toggle "Let Windows manage my default printer" OFF.

Try to install again (preferably from the web instead of the disc). Best of luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

merrymary247
Rising Star

You might try turning off the Windows 10 auto-printer management before installing?

Click on the Windows icon in the lower left, select Settings. Click Devices, then Printers & Scanners. Scroll to the bottom and toggle "Let Windows manage my default printer" OFF.

Try to install again (preferably from the web instead of the disc). Best of luck!

Thanks Merrymary that solved the installation problem, however, it has brought up another situation. 

Now that the scanner works I am trying to scan some printed text in to a word document.  I have followed the instructions in the scan utility but all I get is garbage.  Before I went to Win10 I could do this without any problem, any other suggestions?

Hello jkraut.

The OCR capabilities with the included software are very basic.  The software is only able to detect simple text-only documents.  If special fonts or formats are used, the text may not be detected properly.  You may have to purchase dedicated OCR software separately in order to proecss your documents.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements