cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D420 Wont Scan

cvanover
Apprentice

After upgrading to Windows 10, I have discovered that my D420 will no longer scan. This happened to me once before when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8. I was previously able to get it to work again by following these instructions:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/Are-others-experiencing-Windows-8-1-scanner-incomp...

I thought it might be a smiliar issue and tried to follow those instructions again. But this time it isn't working. I've already put in a couple hours worth of work trying to fix this. If I can't get the software to work, my printer essentially turns into junk.

Any ideas on this are greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Jarhed
Apprentice

There was a thread somewhere about Canon's policy.  I have an MX700 and went to a link I found on Bing search to this site.  Apparently, Canon's answer to the MX700 not working with Windows 10 (at least for scanning, printing works fine so far) is that you just buy another printer.  So, I will be following their directions and running out to buy a new HP printer.

cvanover
Apprentice

I think it would reflect very poorly on Canon if they are no longer supporting their product. I could totally understand it if it was an older model that designed during the days of Windows XP. After all, at some point you have to move on. But my D420 isn't old at all.

I finally got it to print again, but it still doesn't scan. I would hate to have to purchase a stand-alone scanner just to continue to have this functionality, especially when I purchased a very nice all-in-one device.

Canon makes very nice printers, but their product software is quite possibly the worst I've ever experienced from any company that makes digital products. Continued software support isn't even that expensive. I'm sure the company could hire some top-notch programmers from India to update the software for very little money.

This is the last Canon product I will ever buy. Lesson learned (the hard way).

Announcements