cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 will not install on Windows 10 64Bit

kramer
Apprentice

I've been able to use the full multi function capacity on this machine on other Windows 10 machines, but they all had the Canon drivers installed prior to the upgrade to Windows 10. Here's the situation:

I have a new machine with Windows 10 64 Bit installed and Canon's latest driver package for the MX892 crashes and will not install fully.

1. It gets to the ij scanner part after you select the networked printer and it fails (see error log below)
  2. I also can't get it to install via usb either.
  3. I do not consider USB an acceptable solution since the setup sort of depended on a networked multifunction set up. I was very happy with the MX892 and it works well, but I think Canon should address this.

I have followed the following troubleshooting already:

1. Disabled all firewall and A/V- the installer still crashes.

2. Uninstalled all previous Canon Drivers, since it partially installs the printer drivers every time you try this. I had 6 copies of the printer/fax drivers, but the network scanner still won't install.

3. Factory reset of Windows 10- the first thing I did after this is try to reinstall Canon's drivers. It still crashes.

4. Tried to see if the multifunction connection (wifi or ethernet) matters, it does not. It fails on install, right after the install package "sees" the MX892 and I click "next"

Here is the Windows Error log...I get this, no matter what I try...

Faulting application name: SETUP64.EXE, version: 2.2.0.110, time stamp: 0x4fe3ae44
Faulting module name: IJILSX6.dll, version: 2.2.0.110, time stamp: 0x4fe3b311
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x000000000005c2e4
Faulting process id: 0x18e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d12ea69e0dc50b
Faulting application path: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\mp68-win-mx890-1_02-ejs\DrvSetup\SETUP64.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\mp68-win-mx890-1_02-ejs\DrvSetup\IJILSX6.dll
Report Id: 2f8b73f1-fc70-409e-9ff6-c4f8d628007e
Faulting package full name:

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

This issue may be related to your current user account.  Try creating a new user account with admin-level permissions to see if the drivers can be installed on your computer.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this same problem.  Installed the latest Windows 10 Pro on 12/26/15, allowed it to do all its updating, and then attempted the printer driver install using latest file from Canon website: mp68-win-mx890-1_02-ejs.exe.

1. I close all open applications and start the installer from the desktop.
  2. Region selected is USA.
  3. I accept the T&Cs.
  4. I select "Use the printer with wireless LAN connection"
  5. It detects it and displays it in a Detected Printer List.  It is highlighted by default as it is the only printer I have.  I click Next.
  6. It appears to finish registering the printer driver
  7. It appears to fail while attempting to register the fax driver.  A Canon IJ Driver Installer window pops up and says "Canon IJ Driver Installer has stopped working", "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I tried this under the initial user (me) as admin and, based on your suggestion above, also as a new user with admin rights.  I uninstall the added "Printer queues" in Device Manager (Canon MX890 series FAX and Canon MX890 series Printer) and reboot between every attempt with no affect on outcome.  I have easily attempted 6 times.

Please advise on a resolution for this.

Thank you.

Found the solution/workaround in another thread. It worked for me so passing it along. Here is a link to that thread:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/can-t-install-the-driver-IJ-driver-installer-has-s...
Announcements