cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580 prints two pages, then gives paper size and settings mismatch error. Help!

tbd
Apprentice

Hello,

I have been dealing with this problem for weeks now. When i called support, they told me it was my computer, that it was "running slow" and that i need to pay for their service - that fixing errors in my registry would fix the problem.

However, i have my own registry cleaner and that isnt the problem.

Every time i print something, the printer will print the first two pages, and then beep, giving me the error "paper size and settings mismatch Drawer 1" - I have everything set to letter - in the driver, on the printer, etc.

I do nto understand why it prints two pages and then tells me there is a mismatch. If i open and close the drawer, it will print the second page again and then the third page, and give me the same error again. rinse and repeat.

This also happens when multiple documents are spooled. I send three - one page documents, it will print the first and second, give me the error, i open and close the paper drawer 1, then it prints document two and three - then gives me the same error - i open and reclose and it prints the thrid document...

I am just baffeled.

16 REPLIES 16

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

Also, we wanted to mention that it sounds like the number you reached was not an official Canon support number, as we do not charge for support.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your quick response. I am running windows 7 home prremium - 64 bit. I can run a diag and provide if you wish.

tbd
Apprentice

Called Tech support - I had the wrong one the first time - y-yogi or something like that.

Hooray  he fixed it!!!!

Could you please write out what you had to do? I am having the SAME EXACT problem all of a sudden and it's with the same model printer. Since I only work out of this office once a week, I can't really sit on the phone with Canon (I work out of this office after hours).

Thanks!

What was the solution?

I know it is an old thread, but I too have this exact same problem with this exact same printer.

As far as I can tell from a few threads I have read, the printer measures the time for the paper to travel through it.  If it is not within the expected time window it prints this message.

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this problem I'd be really grateful.

I have the latest firmaware and printer drivers. The document paper size and the drawer paper size are both set to A4 .

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello TeeKay,

I understand a paper mismatch error occurs when you attempt to print with your Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw.  The mismatch paper error usually means the paper that is loaded in the printer doesn't match the paper size setting on your computer.  For clarification, do you mind answer a couple of questions about your situation?

(1) Does the error also occur when you make a copy after placing a document in the printer and selecting COPY and the BLACK or COLOR START?

(2) What is the actual size of the paper (e.g. 8 1/2" x 11", 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", etc.) that is loaded in your printer?

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Sonya1,

I just checked and the paper size mismatch error occurs both if I copy a document using the ADF as well as if I send a print job from my computer.

I am using A4 paper (210x297mm).  Both the printer and computer are both configured for A4 paper.

I have the printer set to A4 plain 2 - as I'm using an 80g/m2 paper.

Thanks in advance for any further assistance you can give me.

Hi TeeKay 

Based on what you describe, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements