cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to resolve error message "Could not verify the ID and password spedfied in Job Accounting."

JWelborn13
Apprentice

Using a Canon Imagerunner 4080 printer.  Windows Server 2008 is the print server sharing the printer.  Printer is configured to use accounting with separate passwords for BW and Color printing.  Client is Windows 7 professional.  When client is connected via cat 5 cable, printing works normally.  Recently moved the client and installed USB Wireless Adapter. When attempting to print on wireless connection, receive error message "Could not verify the ID and password specified in Job Accounting.  Print Job deleted".  Support personnel where we lease the printer have no solution.  The wireless connects through an access point.  There is no filtering at that level.  In fact, there is no filtering except at the firewall.  I turned off the firewall on the client with no effect.  I checked all the adapter settings with no effect.  I configured the print driver at the server and at the client to not verify ID before sending the print job, with no effect.  I would appreciate any insight anyone might have.

2 REPLIES 2

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hello, JWelborn13!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

We hope this helps!

Maccosta_br
Apprentice

Hi.
It is necessary to install DIAS. In the ufrII driver folder there is another folder called MISC. The file is DiasSetup.exe.
Install the service and allow Windows firewall.

Announcements