cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8380CDW - Cant setup Fax to send to Fileserver

tensatorfze
Contributor

Dear,

I have a MF8380CDW here in office. I want faxes to stop being printed, and instead, being stored in a shared folder on domain server. Trough Web UI, i created the Address book ID as File (SMB), but as for now, it is not storing the file on the shared folder. I might have setup something the wrong way over there, so i need some disclosure please. Bellow is the setup:

No.:Type:Name:Host Name:Folder Path:User Name:Password:
File (SMB)
Faxes.to.U.Drive
Tensator FZE\Functions\Admin\Received.Faxes
printer
Set.

I tried hostname without the ip address first, but instead with the NetBIOS name of the server, which is "tensatorfze". Since this server is part of a domain, i am not sure if i have to insert it as hostname@domain.local, or just as it is.

I am not sure if the path to the folder is there properlly writen, or if i should include \\hostname before the path to the folder.

I could not find the setting to include the printer on Domain, and make it authenticate. All i found was under Network settings, the SMB settings configs, that does not have a field for Domain. I gave a netBIOS name to the printer as "CANON-MF8380", and the real domain name we have here "TENSAFZE" under Workgroup name.

SMB Settings
NetBIOS Name:Workgroup Name:
CANON-MF8380
TENSAFZE

Should i put under Workgroup name something like TENSAFZE.LOCAL?

Please assist

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

tensatorfze
Contributor

Anyone kindly can help on my problem please? Thank you in advance

Hi tensatorfze!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

While the community is welcome to chime in, and you are welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thank you Jason for your reply. I am established in U.A.E, Middle East, and i cannot find any related support forum for this region, not even a online support or whatsoever on the middle east Canon webpage. Can you kindly provide me a contact number, email, or URL? Thank you again.

Hello, tensatorfze!

The United Arab Emirates is covered by our friends at Canon Emirates.  You'll find their site and a link to support in your region at http://www.canon-emirates.ae

We hope this helps!

Thank you so much Danny, i will try to call them and see if they can be of assistance with my gigantic problem!

I made it work. I had to give permissions to "everyone" user to access the folder. Note that this is a major lack of security from CANON side...

Thank you for the support

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements