cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF746Cx - Several problems :-(

DonHS
Apprentice

Hi there,

I am new to the community and also new to owning a Canon printer... but right now, I am not very happy. I have basically three major problems I cannot solve. Hopefully you can help me...

1. Printer won't wake up from sleep mode

The printer is connected via WIFI. Printing works. Then after some time it goes into sleep mode with that tiny half moon light being shown. When I then start a print job from my Macbook I get the message that the printer is offline, not available. When I then touch the touchscreen the printer wakes up and the Macbook gets a connection and can print. So there is something wrong with the sleep mode.

I have already disabled the Wifi energy saving option. But won't help.

2. Printer can't scan to NAS
I have a Synology NAS. Its IP is: 192.168.1.6. I want to scan directly from the printer to a folder on the NAS. So I set up a contact in the addressbook, choose Windows SMB (SMB is enabled on the NAS) and enter the following data:

Host: 192.168.1.6

Path: Documents\Scan

User: my username

Pass: my password

User and password are definitely correct. However I always get an 806 error. I also tried as path \Documents\Scan or \\192.168.1.6\Documents\Scan but nothing works.

It's not the first time I set something like that up. With my old Kyocera printer I had no problems whatsoever. And by the way: Canon should have integrated a function to test the path and credentials without always having to scan to see if an error comes up.

3. The printer prints very light

When I print documents with like gray elements (e.g. headers of tables) they are so light I can hardly see them. I want to make it darker somehow... is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

DonHS
Apprentice

Anyone?

Hi, DonHS!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Darius
Whiz

Hi DonHS.

The Canon Community forums are run by Canon U.S.A.  The MF746Cx is a non-US model and, while I'll do my best to answer your questions, you may need to contact your regional branch of Canon for support specific to your model.  You may find your local branch through the map at https://global.canon/en/support

If the printer becomes unresponsive after entering sleep/stand by mode, try removing it, installing the Canon-produced drivers, and then re-register it as a new printer using the Canon-produced drivers.

For help troubleshooting and setting the printer up to scan to your network storage PC, you'll need to contact support through your local branch of Canon.

For light printing, try increasing the contrast in the print and copy settings.  If that doesn't correct the problem, refer to the section in the printer's manual for troubleshooting printing problems, to guide you through the Special Processing settings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements