Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MF743 need WinXP driver

Running a VM with WinXP32 in a Win7 64 bit PC. I need to print from the VM. Nothing I've tried so far will work. I can get the proper IP port to function and connect to the MF743, but no printing. I tried an earlier model XP driver and did get a print but it was gobledygook. Otherwise the most I get from the MF743 is an error beep.

The so-called generic driver that Canon has posted just returns an assortment of errors.

Reputable Contributor

Re: MF743 need WinXP driver

Hi rdgrimes.

The MF743Cdw is supported on the Windows operating system, from Windows 7 to Windows 10. There are no drivers for Windows XP. We are also only able to provide support when the printer is used with the local version of the operating system. Because of the type of environment, we are unable to guarantee communication through virtual machines. 

If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: MF743 need WinXP driver

Thanks for taking the time to write the non-answer.

Actually I did find a driver that works to a point. But I had to go elsewhere to get it. GPlus_UFRII_V202 does work except it doesn't support all the driver settings like envelopes and auto paper select.

Virtually every previous Canon office MF does in fact work in XP and in VM environments, so this is a new departure for Canon. Nobody is asking for official "support", just a functioning driver.