cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741Cdw new and not printing

emcinnes
Apprentice

After I purchased my new MF741Cdw, I set it up and was able to print wirelessly from my computer and my phone. However, I moved the printer being careful not to damage or anything and now it will not print at all. 

Prior to moving I did not download any drivers or software because my laptop does not have a CD drive. I have installed all drivers and software linked to the printer and still am not able to print. I just keep getting a message that there was an error in printing. 

I also purchased a A to B USB cable and it still will not print. 

Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Audrey
Enthusiast

Please turn off the printer and unplug it. Plug back up after a minute and turn back on.  If no error appears, please try making a copy from the operation panel. If an error message appears, please contact Canon Technical Support for assistance at 1-800-828-4040, Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

If you can print a copy, you can initialize network settings. You will need your network password to set up back up. You can restore the settings only for <Network> in <Preferences>. Please click on
<Menu> <Preferences> <Network> <Initialize Network Settings> <Yes> <OK> Restart the printer.

1. Select <Menu> in the Home screen.
2. Select <Preferences> <Network>.
If the login screen appears, enter the correct ID and PIN. Logging in to the Machine
3. Select <Wireless LAN Settings>.
If the <Do you want to enable the wireless LAN?> message is displayed, select <Yes>.
4. Read the message that is displayed, and select <OK>.
5. Select <SSID Settings>.
6. Select <Select Access Point>.
The machine starts searching for available wireless routers.
If a message is displayed telling that no access point can be found, check your network settings.
7. Select a wireless LAN router.
Select the router whose SSID matches the one that you have written down, and select <Next> <OK>.
8. Enter the network key that you have written down.
Enter the network key, and select <Apply>.
On how to enter text, see Entering Text
9 Select <Yes>.
If an error message is displayed during setup
Select <Close>, check whether the network key is correct, and return to step 5.
10. Wait until message <Connected.> is displayed.
If the printer can not connect, please call technical support for help.

Announcements