cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741Cdw Scan to Preset Destination? Remote UI?

chirano
Apprentice

Running Mac 10.13.6

Attempting to scan directly to computer.

Error message: Could not start application because the neccessary information is not registered. Register information from the Remote UI.

Navigating the Remote UI, I can't find how to register or preset destination. I registered the printer on Canon website today.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings,

This is a 3 yr old topic.  Its best to start your own thread to receive accurate / up to date information.  

Registering Destinations from Remote UI - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741C...

See the last link under Option 6

shadowsports_0-1693343850855.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Instructions for scan to preset destination:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-2122-zz-OP-enGB/contents/SS735_applib_0010.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I appreciate the link to the instructions, but is there something else required in addition to that?  "Scan to Preset Destination" is enabled in my application library.  I even tried selecting the "initialize" in the Remote UI application library and nothing was started.

Application Library is not visible in my Remote UI portal. How to add?

When you login to Remote UI, make sure you choose the System Manager Mode and not General User Mode. Then it should be on the right side of the screen.

Still no luck.  Printer shows error.  If I try the Scan button, and select email, it says email/i-fax setting not setup in remote UI. 

I'm unable to get mine to work either, even though it is set up in remote U.I.

Hi chirano and WiseManWhite.

chirano,

If you're trying to directly scan to the computer, ensure the Scanner Driver & Utilities have been installed on the computer, as well as reinstalling the UFR II /UFR II LT Printer Driver & Utilities.  They're available, free of charge, at the following page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/color-imagecl...

You may need to remove and re-register the MF741Cdw in the printers list after the drivers have been installed.

WiseManWhite,

More information on registering a scanning or I-Fax destinations through the Remote UI may be found at the following page in the MF741Cdw's online manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-mcn_mng-rui-reg_desti.html

Note: for direct scanning, the computer will need to have the Canon-produced Printer and Scanner drivers installed; see the link above addressing chirano.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This link is broken. How do I set up Scan to Present Destination from the Remote UI?

I just used the scan utility app to set the destination to a folder on my PC!

Announcements