cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF731 -- Toner Status Details cannot be displayed

rem281
Apprentice

I get the message toner status details cannot be displayed from the home page of the Canon Office Printer Utility. How can I correct this?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You've told us what the problem is.

Can you please tell us:

What OS you are running?

How the printer is connected?

What driver you are using?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrice
Whiz

Hi rem281.

Can you also confirm if you are using genuine Canon toner cartridges? In the meantime, the toner status can be viewed under Status Monitor, directly at the printer. Please follow the instructions at the link below to view the status:

Status Monitor Screen

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, brand new printer with canon cartridges, 

Hi rem281.

Are you using a Windows or macOS computer? Also, how did you install the drivers onto the computer? Finally, is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or wirelessly over the network?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Wiindows, installed using the latest drivers Canon website, Connected wirelessly. I did get a way to check toner levels in a different way from your phone support, so it seems this software should also give me a report (which would be easier). Let me know if you know anything or if the software needs to be fixed,

Regards, Richard

grumpysailor
Apprentice

I have the same problem with my MF726Cdw. I am running the latest version of Win 10 64bit OS Home on a Dell 5537 Laptop. I have installed the drivers and programs from the Canon website. All functions work except viewing the toner status from the Canon Utility home screen. I get the message that the toner status can't be displayed. I can view the status using the appropiate selection on the printer display panel. It worked fine using windows 7 32 bit OS on an older computer.

Any help isappriciated.

Gerald D

Same issue for new Imageclass LBP622Cdw.

"Canon Office Printer Utility" (v12.7.0.0) main screen reports - "The toner status cannot be displayed"

Printing appears to work fine.

AFAIK, the Canon Utility App is properly configured to be allowed through both Public & Private Windows firewall.

Printer is connected via Ethernet.
Remote UI from PC appears to work as expected.
Window 10 (64 bit) Home version 2004.

(Yes, I understand there are other methods to check Toner status but experiencing a few other issues with Printer and suspect the failure of the Print Utility App may be related and solving problem may provide useful info...)
Announcements