cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF726CDW does not allow non-Canon cartridges

hickpop
Contributor

Error message states :

Use of non-Canon cartridges is not covered by warranty. Yadda yadda. Tap (close) to continue printing. Black K.

When I tap close, it brings me back to check recovery which brings me back to the error.  Have turned off and on, have removed and reinserted cartridge. The error will not go away and the printer will not print.

How do I override the error? Am I not allowed to use this cartridge? The error message is not clear and implies that I can.

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi hickpop 

From your description, it appears that the toner cartridge may be malfunctioning.  Please note we are unable to guarantee your print quality when using third party toner cartridges.  At this point, to determine whether the issue is with your MF726cdw or with the toner cartridge, I suggest you replace your toner cartridge with a Genuine Canon toner.

Once you replace the toner cartridge, please clean the fixing unit.  For your convenience, I have provided the steps below on performing the recommended cleanings:

To clean the fixing unit, perform the following procedure. Note that you cannot clean the fixing unit when the machine has documents waiting to be printed. To clean the fixing unit, you need plain A4 or Letter size paper. Set the paper in the paper drawer or manual feed slot ([ Loading Paper in the Paper Drawer ] [ Loading Paper in the Manual Feed Slot ]) before performing the following procedure.
NOTE

1. Press  and tap <Menu>.
2. Tap <Adjustment/Maintenance>.
3. Tap <Clean Fixing Assembly>.
4. Read the message that is displayed, and tap <OK>.
5. Tap <Start>.
  • Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 minute later, press  to return to the <Home> Screen.

Transfer Belt

Dirt may adhere to the transfer belt inside the machine and cause the print quality to deteriorate. To clean the transfer belt, perform the following procedure. Note that you cannot clean the transfer belt when the machine has documents waiting to be printed.
1. Press  and tap <Menu>.
2. Tap <Adjustment/Maintenance>.
3. Tap <Clean ITB>.
4. Tap <Start>.
  • Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 to 2 minutes later, press  to return to the <Home> Screen.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements