cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644cdw Test Print error

ssllii
Apprentice

My MF644cdw is connected via wifi.  I have 2 Windows 10 PCs connected to it.  One can print to the MF644 just fine.  The other was working until recently, even test print fails.  I have another Canon Prixma and that one works fine.

I tried installing the latest driver for the MF644 but that did not help.  I couldn't find what error code it was when it failed even with the test print.

Any suggestions on how to debug this?

2 REPLIES 2

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi ssllii,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Did you run any updates on the Windows 10 or with the anti-virus program?

Was any new program installed? 

Did you run the test page from the MF644cdw print driver not a program?

Did you uninstall the printer driver before downloading and installing the latest driver?

Please shut down the Windows 10 computer and turn off the printer using the power button. Turn on the computer and printer. Once Windows 10 has completely booted up. Try the test page from the printer driver again.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please any error message that appears when you try to print and program you are printing from in Windows. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 6:30 PM ET.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I went thru and un-installed everything Canon on my PC.

After re-installing the MF644 driver package, at the end of the installation steps, I selected Print Test Page and that worked!

There are 3 printers:

1) Canon MF642C/643C/644C

2) Canon MF642C/643C/644C UFR II

3) Canon MF644C Fax

If I print to the #1 device, error.  If I use #2, then I can print.  Maybe I forgot about which name I print successfully before.

But Canon can improve the useability but getting rid of #1 or name it properly it is some special purpose device.

Announcements