cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw not discoverable

uoaterri
Apprentice

My printer kept showing an error state when trying to print from two different computers that had previously been printing fine. I could not solve the problem. Uninstalled the printer to try and reload it. Tried to download the driver but now the computer cannot find the printer by any means. When I put in the IP address displayed on the printer, it still cannot find it. They are both connected to the same network. How do I get my printer re-installed and "talking" with my computer? For reference I am using PC Windows 10 trying to connect to the printer wirelessly, printer is ImageClass Mf644cdw.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe this will help guide you.  Open a command prompt.  Type ping [with the IP address], press enter

Does the printer respond? example

C:\Users\ItAdmin>ping 192.168.1.99

Pinging 192.168.1.99 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.99: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.99: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 8ms, Average = 5ms

or, open a web brower and enter the IP of the printer and press enter.  Does the printers webserver display?

If not, the printer is not connected to your wireless network, the IP is not correct, or something is blocking communication.  3rd party anti-virus or firewall for example.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The printer's webserver does not display when I enter the IP address of my printer into a web browser. The printer says it's connected to my wireless network and the signal strength is good. I suspect something is blocking communication then, based on what you said. I do have anti-virus and firewall protection on my computer, but have had the same one for years so not sure why this would create a problem with the printer all of a sudden? Either way, how might I fix this issue if it's anti-virus or firewall? (I don't want to turn it off completely..is there a way to tell it to allow the printer in?)

Thanks!

You gave me an idea - I was able to go into my firewall settings and add my printer as a trusted device. However, my printer is still not discoverable on my computer...now I'm wondering if the printer is displaying the wrong IP address? If so, how do I go about fixing that issue?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements