MF644Cdw Faint Printing

dwhitsr
Apprentice

Color ImageClass MF644Cdw purchased Nov 29, 2019

About 1200 Pages printed/copied.

Toner Status C 70; M 70; Y 70; K 100

Remote UI shows "no errors"

Printing is faint with all Toners

I have tried adjusting toner density on all toners as high as plus 3 on all toners with no effect.

I have tried Adjusting Image Quality > Adjusting Gradation > Full Adjust.  This process goes as far as step 5 in manual, then when "start" is selected the printer is active for a while before "Could not Perform Corrections" message is displayed and no adjustment image is printed.

Then I tried "Cleaning Fixing Assembly" and the ejected page is blank instead of having the "pattern" expected.

Then I tried "Cleaning ITB" process which completed without an error message.

Repeated Adjusting Image Quality > Adjusting Gradation > Full Adjust.  Same result as earlier.

If anyone else has had this issue with the MF600 series and found a solution please advise!!

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd perform basic maintenance tasks.

If unexpected results are encountered and the issue persists, you have a 3 yr warranty.

1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) <<<

I used email support recently and got a response within 24hrs.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The 1-800 number is shown as Monday thru Friday only.  I will try that tomorrow.  I am not seeing an email address for support, can you share?

I thought I tried all the routine maintenance procedures listed in the manual.

Thanks

Hi dwhitsr.

Email support is not available for the MF644Cdw.  Phone support is Monday through Friday, from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Regarding the light print results, make sure the plain paper you're using is either general-purpose or laser-printer paper.  Paper designed for inkjet printers may not accept toner as readily, leading to lower toner retention on the page.

If the area is humid, or if the temperature changes rapidly or to a great extent, you may need to remove condensation.  If that doesn't correct the problem, try toggling the paper dust setting:

<Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <Corr. Img. Corrup. by Ppr. Dust>  <On>  <Yes> 

If it's a problem that gradually happened, you can also try removing the toner, rocking it gently (front to back) to redistribute the toner, and then reinsert it.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am/have been using the same General Purpose Paper (Georgia Pacific Image Plus Standard Bright Multipurpose Paper - 20 lb - 96 Bright)

The printer is in an airconditioned room Maintained at 74 to 77 degrees F and humidity between 35 and 45 percent. 

I have tried rocking the cartridges.

I cannot find the <Menu>  <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Special Processing>  <Corr. Img. Corrup. by Ppr. Dust>  <On>  <Yes>  setting.  On my printer under <Special Processing> I have the following:

Special Paper Processing

Reduce Ppr. Sticking at Output

High Humidity Mode

Low Humidity Mode

Reduce Ghosting 2

Redc. Condens. (Consec 2-Sd Prt)

Correct Void

Reduce Waterdrop Pattern

Prevent Fogging

Correct Color Mismatch

Reduce Drum Streak

Reduce Toner Flaking

Auto Detect B&W/Color Orig.

Rdc. Faint Print After Rplc. Cart.

Do I need a firmware update?

jostowCAN
Apprentice

dwhitsr, did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same problem with the same printer. Worked well for about 2 yrs, then went bad, Tried everything you have done, including firmware update

Fortunately I was still under warranty and Canon did replace the printer. Since then no repeat of the problem.

jostowCAN
Apprentice

Thanks.  I'll be talking to them about my warranty tomorrow

Announcements