cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF634CDW issues with duplex printing/scanning (Partially solved)

klabeister
Apprentice

Hi,

I have an issue when trying to scan in duplex mode. Single-sided scanning works fine and printing double-sided works fine as well.

When I use my computer to scan in duplex mode to copy or to save on computer, I get an error. I have updated the firmware for the printer (maybe that was a mistake) and the driver and scanner software on my computer multiple times. That made no difference.

Today I tried copying 2-sided to 2-sided from the printer display directly and it took half a minute for the copy *to start printing*.

Seeing this I assume that the issue I have when I try scanning in duplex mode from my computer is a time-out issue.

Does anyone else have the same problem or is the second scanner in our printer broken?

2 REPLIES 2

klabeister
Apprentice

I was able to partially solve the issue:

On the printer console, go to Menu -> Management settings -> Device Management and set "Scan w/ Canon PRINT Business" to off.

Now I can duplex copy (scan and print) fast.

Greeting,

Is the issue resolved then?

If not, we will need to know:

How is the device connected?

"My Computer" is running which OS?

"Get an error"...  What is the error?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements