cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4770N DOWNLOAD MODE USB AVAILABLE

hkat2006
Apprentice

I had to do a factory reset on my computer a while ago.  Ever since then when I turn on my printer it says ***Download Mode*** USB Available.  I tried re-installing the drivers from the Cannon website but the printer still says the same thing.  I recently went back to the Canon website to download the latest drivers but it looks like there's no support for this printer because the page is blank.  Anyone know how to fix this? 

7 REPLIES 7

Patrice
Whiz

Hi hkat2006.

I will be able to assist you.

It is recommended that you download and install the printer firmware update.  To download the update, please click the link below, and then select the [Firmware] tab:

imageCLASS MF4770n - Drivers & Downloads

If the issue persists, after updating the firmware, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm unable to download the firmware can you help?????

thepunisher
Apprentice

I'm unable to download the firmware update it says my serial number is incorrect?

Can you please help

TIA

Punisher

Hi Punisher.

Please try the the first three letters of the serial number and 00000, or 11111.

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hux
Apprentice

I have the same message. I have tried all the various reset tricks ...nothing changes. I can't access any control panel buttons.

The big thing is that if I connect to my computer on the usb it immediately crashes my windows 7 pro.

It does this every time the printer is connected ( so I can't download to the printer obviously)

Hello, hkat2006, thepunisher, and hux.

If you're unable to download the firmware update for the MF4770n through the process recommended above by Patrice, then please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  One of our phone-based support personnel can help with the firmware download and update.

I was finally able to fix.....re-started the machine while holding the stop button. Problem solved

Announcements