cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4700 driver install does not detect network printer - resolved

Mach4
Apprentice

Having tried everything, now its time to turn to the forum.

System: Win7/64 on laptop and desktop on same subnet as MF4780W which is connected on wifi.

Desktop PC had driver installed about a year ago, no problems.

Laptop is now rebuilt and I am installing latest 64bit driver from Canon website (tried both US and UK drivers), however install fails at detecting the MF4780W even though I specify the IP address.I think its the same driver pack as was installed on the desktop but cant be 100% sure.

I have tried the following all without success:

- disable firewall

- install while in Safe mode

- put just the laptop and MF on a separate router with wired connections

- used a different laptop with Win7/32

Obviously I'm not going to try to re-nstall the drivers on the desktop in case it fails in the same way.

An observation: There's a Search Option button in the setup wizard that allows you to extend the search duration. I have put the slider at the "Long" end yet the search fails instantaneously when I click the "Search by IP Address" button. This seems to imply that the search fails without actually doing anything, similar to being blocked by a firewall, but there are no firewalls enabled. This is also a brand new install of Win7/64 on the laptop and the 2nd time I have installed. When the driver install failed during the first rebuild I decided to redo the rebuild and make the driver install the first thing I do - it didnt help.

So - hoping there's a knowledgeable person out there that can shed some light on this mystery. Thank you!

Edit: The issue is resolved.

I could at all stages ping between the printer and any PC (the printer has a ping ultiity) and since the common denom in all the the things I tried was the printer, I reset it to default values (there's no factory reset but rather a default values setting) and this seems to have done the trick. I had also earlier upgraded to the latest firmware.

Hope this helps someone else.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements