cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4570dn will not print more info

lemasters
Apprentice

My serial number is HBF 24485. I installed the DOSPRN program, and I can print a text file to the MF4890dw but not to the MF4570dn sitting right next to it. No error message from DOSPRN, but no printing either.

I just deleted the Canon drivers for the 4570dn using Add/Remove Programs, then installed the latest drivers from the Canon website, Windows XP 32 bit.

Gary

2 REPLIES 2

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi  Gary,

The DOSPRN shareware program offers a unique option for DOS program users to print DOS files on Windows-based printers.  This may be successful, however DOS printing or conversion for printing is not supported by your laser products; Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems are supported.  This is not to say that it cannot work, because you have been successful in printing with your imageCLASS MF4890dw.  However, we are unable to guarantee successful printing or provide support.  I would recommend contacting the software manufacturer for technical or troubleshooting assistance with printing through the program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Today I installed the Mf4570dn printer on a friend's Mac Book and the printer worked perfectly!!!

So, the problem is in my laptop software somewhere. Thank you Canon for your replies. I appreciate it very much. I have been very happy with the 4570 and just bought an MF 3010 for use on the road.

You are right about DOSPRN. It would not print to either Canon laser printer. So, I need to do a clean Windows XP install.

Thanks again!

Gary
Announcements