cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4350d beeping

bcc3
Apprentice

I have an MF4350d Multifunction printer that starts beeping at midnight and continues for a minute. It will continue beeping even with the power cord disconnected. Any hints as to a cause and a resolution, other than sending it out to electronic recycling?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Haven't heard of a problem like this before.  Especially from a device that isn't connected to a power source.

The printer may have a battery on its motherboard.  Could be weak, dead or unable to hold a charge.  Strange that it happen at midnight.  I'm really speculating.  There is nothing listed in the manual about beeping, or error tones, etc.

Other possiblities.  Something to do with the Fax function.  Is it connected to a analog phone line?  I know you said its not connected to a power source.

Its 7+ yrs old, and although it is still supported, it might be a good time to consider an upgrade.  Canon will not provide phone support for a device out of warranty, so one of the mods might reply if you're lucky. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

A defective backup battery is my main thought since this alert/alarm will occur without AC power or a USB connection connected to the printer. The problem I have is I don't see any documentation that a backup battery exists. I have a Canon 4220 at another house that is older, but doesn't have this problem. Possibly the battery went bad during recent power outages.

Hopefully a SME would have info on this.

Thanks for the reply.

Rusty

Hi bcc3,

the MF4350d does not feature a built-in battery backup.  If there is no power going to the printer, either by the power cord or by USB, then it will be unable to produce any noise.  Check the area for any other device with battery power, especially one feeding to or from the same power source as the MF4350d.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements