cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF264DW Paper jams every time, right out of the box

robertlfleck
Apprentice

I just bought a new ImageCLASS MF264dw, pulled it out of the box, carefully removed all of the tape and packing stuff, easily linked it to my wifi network, loaded paper, and sent a test print. 

Jam.

Followed the instructions to clear the jam. 

Jam. Jam. Jam. Jam. Jam. Jam. 

The paper is not getting past the drum. It looks like it's slamming into it rather than rolling by it. Any help appreciated as I'm getting really tired of the endless wait on the phone for technical support and I can't find anything else in Canon's FAQs. 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greeting,

I'm sure the MF264DW is a capable B&W laser printer.  

I would not not expect it to have feeding issues out of the box.  If you're confident you have remove all of the shipping materials and tape you can easily exchange the item for another at the place of purchase.  

If you haven't already tried a different brnad of paper, I'd do that as well.  

While inconvienent, I wouldn't let this disuade me from getting a replacement. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick,

I already have the replacement printer on the way. I did get Canon support on the phone and the gentleman was very helpful but as perplexed as me. I think there was just a burr on the plastic of one of the connectors or something, because even a blank sheet run through the feed showed evidence of interference. It just didn't have the pressure against it to create the jam. 

I have two other Canon printers in the house for other uses and certainly don't have an issue with the brand. This was just weird.

DavidSmith4592
Apprentice

I have the same issue. Been a loyal Canon customer for over 30 years. This is the first issue I have had with any of the products I have bough (3 laser imageclass printers, 2 inkjets, 2 dye sub photo printers, 5 cameras). Was unable to speck to a Canon customer service person as in Canada they are only available Monday - Friday. I spoke with a rep from the store where i purchase and they are shipping a replacement. The only issue is I have to be available between 9 - 5 on the delivery day now for a second time. Very frustrating.

Same issue. Straight out of the box. Looks common. Not impressed. Time to change brands.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements