cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF259 Print Problem

Carlwil
Apprentice

My MF259dw will only print very lightly on most print jobs sent from my Dell Windows 10 computer and also my wife's Apple computer. Adjusting the density to max doesn't help. Prints fine when copying, so I assume it's not the toner.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Carlwil,

If the prints are light from the computer but the copies are fine, it can point to a driver issue or a problem with the selected settings. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For more immediate resolution to the issue, you can also contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What program are you printing from when you run into that problem?
  2. What is the file type of the document that is causing the issue and does it happen with all items.

Thanks a lot Hector. It appears that you are correct. My son happned to come over from Texas this week end and he upgraded the firmware and installed the latest drivers. Seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks again for your reply.

Announcements