cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF232w Won't Scan from the Printer but Will Scan from the PC

DaveN
Apprentice

Hi There,

I'm trying to scan from the printer menu - initiative the scan from the printer itself - it comes up, identifies my PC and starts "Scanning" . . . . but then after about a minute, it comes up an with "An error occurred".  However, if I try to initiate the scan from the PC printer settings, it scans just wonderfully with no issues.  I have tried uninstalling all the drivers and reinstalling.  I tried changing the way the network connects to the printer, etc.  I cannot get it to acknowledge the scan from the Printer itself. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Totally appreciate your help . . . . thank you! 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi DaveN.

I will be glad to assist you.

Please de-select, and then re-select the printer in the MF Network Scanner Selector.  Once you have re-selected the scanner, please scan a document from the printer. Please follow the steps below to access the tool:

1. Click in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements