cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4270 Lightning Strike of ethernet

neotheone
Apprentice

My network was hit with a direct lightning strike.  All switches, television, even the UPS was knocked out.  The printer will turn on, cycle, then all buttons on the front (copy, fax, and scan) light up and nothing else happens.  I've tried pushing all the buttons in all kinds of sequences but nothing changes.  These actions occur whether connected via ethernet or not connected to any network. Could there be a fuse somewhere or maybe a reset button that could bring the printer back?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I doubt there is anything you can do.  I would contact my insurance company a file a claim for all of the equipmet which was damaged or lost.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I bought a MF 236n to replace the MF 4270 but realized later it did not have duplex functionality.  Would it be possible to take the duplexer from the MF 4270 and install it into the MF 236n?  I have a MF 4270 repair manual.

Thank you for your response.  I don't mind tearing the MF 4270 down if needed to get to something that might allow me to fix the problem.  I figure if it doesn't work now I can't hurt it any worse trying.

Announcements