cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB5320 scanner disappears after reboot

Prestones
Apprentice

Greetings -

My MB5320 works well when scanning documents - until the computer is rebooted (Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit, fully updated). After rebooting, the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX tool shows a blank window; no scanner is present. The print function itself is unaffected.

The problem began several months ago, and my workaround has been to reload the scanner driver as needed. Once reloaded, all is well and I can use the scan function normally until the next time I reboot. The result is that the number of MB5320 printer copies in the system increments with each reload, until I finally delete the printer entirely and reload it again - starting the process all over again.

The printer / scanner is also used by a Mac OSX on the same network - but it does not have the same problem. The scanner "survives" rebooting that machine.

I was accessing the printer via wi-fi, but recently changed the connection type to a network connection (hardwired) to see if that helped the situation - but the problem persists.

Any suggestions or less cumbersome workarounds are greatly appreciated!

Dennis

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Prestones.

I will be able to assist you.

It is possible that another program may be causing a conflict with the driver on your Windows computer.  If you have an antivirus program installed on your computer, please disable it temporarily, and then uninstall and reinstall the drivers again.  Once the drivers have been reinstalled, please verify if you continue to experience the same issue.

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further troubleshooting.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice -

I'll give a call to the number you suggested for further troubleshooting. I've deleted Malwarebytes Pro and the Canon MB5320 software several times, and reloaded the Canon software afterward without success. I tried simply reinstalling, reinstalling after a warm reboot (Restart), and a cold reboot - all without success.

Hopefully the phone support will have better luck sorting out the issue.

EDIT 15 minutes later:

I just got off the phone with Josh - very professional & very pleasant. He didn't miss a beat when walking me through the fix. Very impressive - but unfortunately the fix didn't take. Time to try again!

Announcements