cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2120 FAX interrupts phone callers

tgivaughn
Contributor

Everything works great on this biz landline connected to this FAX all-in-one and then to T.A.D. (answering device set at 2 rings) and voice answer.

Until a client called yesterday and after awhile, we could not hear each other talk.  I thought I went deaf, she got a FAX squeal in her ear!!!

That's what we discussed when I callled her back and that conversation was not FAX interrupted.

I thought this new printer/fax still had factory settings, which I read prevents such troubles.

Do I have to press the OFF button on the printer everytime a client calls us as the solution?

THat doesn't seem to be up to high Canon standards.

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In most cases, this behavior is caused by incorrect connection, or using the device in a environment which it is not intended.

Please review page 896 in your manual.  It describes situations which can result from improper use or connection.

The first line states "do not connect fax devices and/or telephones in parallel".  TEL Priority mode might help, but you haven't provided complete information about your environment.

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAyNDY1MDAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

fax1.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your interest, wanting to help and ASAP reply

Let me try to spell it out better:

"Everything works great on this biz landline connected to this FAX all-in-one and then to T.A.D. (answering device set at 2 rings) and voice answer. " in my 1st sentance = 

Jack

line goes to FAX MB2120 (as per instructions + as per Canon predecessor) then

line goes to Phone/TAD

NO parallel, nor shared as per your diagrams, reprinted I see from the current manual & the one prior

Landline in 1980 GTE -> Verizon -> Frontier Comm.

FAX set to TEL priority, as per manual suggestions

TAD set to 2 rings

RX remote set to 36 seconds

What else can I give to you?  Many thanks for your trouble in fielding this fly ball.

Hi tgivaughn.

If you haven't yet done so, check the MB2120's operation panel to see if Firmware is available, and update it if you're able.

Also, ensure User-Friendly reception is on. This prevents the printer from taking over the line when its timer finishes counting down.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Firmware ideal

Friendly in ON

Other ideas?

Last friend/client it interrupted
Commented
WHY I DON'T have a fax anymore!!!!!

Another caller interrupted, hung up on, he triued calling back = no such number

HELP

Hi tgivaughn,

As a test, please turn Remote RX off. Remote RX can be found in Advanced FAX settings under FAX settings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

From another source only was I able to find my way to your suggested trial location settings

where I found it was already OFF

therefore another wild goose chase

We are trying to solve this mystery on our Canon MB2120 ... past Canon multi-faxes worked JUST FINE!
​i.e. Hello phone caller, chat for awhile then everything goes SILENT, sometimes the caller hears a FAX tone but not us.  UGH  Happened with both cable & phone line services, so no suspects there.

We are having to UNPLUG the machine (we now call HAL ala in the space movie) when conversations are hijacked into silence.

You can find this review now on Amazon sales since no one cares to solve it or replace the machine.

Announcements