cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2020 error under Mac OS Catalina

Kapunakane
Apprentice

I am running Mac OS 10.15.1 (19B88) on a Macbook Pro.  I installed the following printer drivers/software which I downloaded from the Canon website today:

mcpd-mac-mb2000-16_40_0_0-ea21_3.dmg

misd-mac-ijscanner14f-4_1_3-ea21_3.dmg

misu-mac-2_3_6-ea21_3.dmg

When I try to scan something, I receive the following error: jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error -9958

I understand that the downloads that I installed should have corrected the error but they didn't.

Suggestions:

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hello, Kapunakane.

Try dragging the IJ Scan Utility folder from the Applications \ Canon Utilities folder, then reinstalling the IJ Scan Utility (misu-mac-2_3_6-ea21_3.dmg).  That will ensure the IJ Scan Utility updates properly without any baggage from previous versions of Mac OS.

You may also wish to move any "Canon" entries from Mac HD -> Library -> Image Capture -> Devices to the trash and then reinstall the ICA Driver (misd-mac-ijscanner14f-4_1_3-ea21_3.dmg)

If the error persists when using the IJ Scan Utility, close it, power off the printer for ~ 10 seconds, then try scanning with Image Capture.  Does an error also occur when scanning from Image Capture?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements