cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB 2720 error code 5C01

leveraged
Apprentice

Hello, My wife cleared a paper jam yesterday and now the print stops and reports error code 5C01. Does anyone know what is required to fix this issue....?

ThankYou

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello, leveraged!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Leveraged,

The error 5C01 is a general service error.  To try to resolve this error, please reset the unit, check for paper jams and make sure that the inks are installed properly.  You may also clean the printer's encoder strip as a last resort.  To do these, please perform the following troubleshooting steps: 

1.  Perform a service reset on the printer by unplugging the printer's power cord for at least 10 minutes.  It will reset your printer's buffers and sensors. 

2.  Check if the ink cartridges are properly seated or installed in the printer (click HERE).  If the inks are visible when you open the front cover, push the ink cartridge into the back of the printer until it snaps firmly into place. 

3.  Check the printer for paper jams or foreign objects (click HERE, HERE and HERE). 

4.  Make sure that the paper path guide at the back of the printer is properly seated (click HERE). 

5.  Clean the printer's encoder film (click HERE).  The encoder film is a clear, flimsy plastic strip inside the printer that is responsible for aligning the prints.  If you get a paper jam, sometimes, this film gets splattered with ink.  If this is dirty, it may cause an error message.  Please use cotton swabs moistened with alcohol or glass cleaner (better).  Clean the film several times, even if it appears clean

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rarthur0628
Apprentice

I experienced this error and had to remove the right side panel where I found paper lodged in the gears.   Once I removed those the printer went back to normal.

Announcements