cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX5020 asking for password for initial setup

M31
Apprentice

My new GX5020 printer does not accept any of the default passwords (i.e. serial number, etc.) during initial setup.   The printer itself on the panel rejects all admin passwords.   The printer is set up with Wifi and usable in the basic sense but denies all admin access.   To cap this off, the Canon product website for this printer informs me that support for this product is no longer available.   This is a new printer!   Any suggestions would be most welcome.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

M31
Apprentice

Found the answer - you have to print the Network Configuration Page to find the ever changing Default Password.  About as user hostile as I've seen in a long time.  Canon rejects products support saying this new product is no longer supported.   I guess If I pay them for support to set up a new printer maybe they will help.   Never again.  Canon - you've lost a customer with this mess.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

M31
Apprentice

Found the answer - you have to print the Network Configuration Page to find the ever changing Default Password.  About as user hostile as I've seen in a long time.  Canon rejects products support saying this new product is no longer supported.   I guess If I pay them for support to set up a new printer maybe they will help.   Never again.  Canon - you've lost a customer with this mess.  

Announcements