cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX4020 Constantly Offline

dizzlelizzle
Contributor

My GX 4020 constantly goes offline and I'm not able to print from any device.  It it wireless, has a static IP address, and I changed the power settings so it is always on, but 90% of the time when I try to print it is "offline".  When it is "offline" and I try to access the web interface for the printer, it either does not respond, or is very slow to respond.  When I am able to print and try to access the web interface it is very responsive.  The firmware is up to date.  Any help would be appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd like to know more about your network.

What device (brand and model) is the printer connecting to?

Single router or mesh system?

Are there any extenders in use?

I would not expect to see 3500ms latency when a device was in close proximity to its network broadcast.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It is a Netgear Orbi Mesh network consisting of a RBR40 router and 3 RBW30 satellites.  I a few other machines with static IPs that are wireless (web server, media server, SVN/GIT server) that have consistent <1ms response times.  

dizzlelizzle
Contributor

I contacted support and the issue seems to be a faulty wireless module on the printer.  

Thank you for letting us know what the diagnosis is. 🙂

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I had a RBR50 with 2 satellites for several years.  Its a bit older now, but is still a good mesh system offering reliable 2.4Ghz/5G performance.  I'm hoping your printer is under warranty and is being replaced by Canon.        

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dizzlelizzle
Contributor

Update:  They sent me a replacement printer.  I have had it for a few hours connected to my WIFI, and when I ping it I am getting very fast results (< 6ms).  I have not had any printing issues.  I'll update again in a few days.

Thank you for the update. Let us know how it goes. 🙂

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Very pleased to hear of the progress. Sounds like you've got it wrapped up.  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements