cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX3020 and WiFi, Printer shuts off and goes offline

Moondougie
Contributor

I have setup my printer on my home wifi network and have been able to print from my Macs, iPhones, and iPads at home, BUT, after awhile, the printer, instead of going to sleep, shuts itself off. So…when I want to print the next time, my iPhone/Pad does not find the AirPrint printer and my Mac says the printer is offline. I then have to go to my printer and press the power button to turn it back on. This is VERY inconvenient.

Is there a way to make the printer stay on, but just go to sleep instead of shutting power down?

5 REPLIES 5

cousinphil
Apprentice

Supposedly there is a way to set the auto off feature on this printer. But I have been unable to find it for my old Mac computer. 

Phil

I haven’t been able to find a way either, unfortunately…

All of a sudden, I can rarely connect from any of my Apple devices. I’m starting to think I bought the wrong printer…

This is not the most active of forums, is it?

Thanks for joining the conversation, Moondougie!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you're welcome to call our MAXIFY support line.  They're open Monday through Friday at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  You can also click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements