cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines with double-sided printing on MF645Cx

starless
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Canon i-Sensys MF645Cx, which has a duplex unit, and since some time it happens that when I do double-sided printing I get vertical lines along the borders of the page. The attached image is an example, but they appear also on the other side and they also become more lines and and more visible when I print more pages.

Everything is ok instead when I print only single-sided documents.

I already tried the automatic cleaning options provided by the printer, to no avail.

Any suggestions? I guess there should be some roller to be cleaned inside, but I found no info in the manual or online.

Thanks.

Canon_Lines.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Abel
Enthusiast

Hi, starless!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Thank you Abel!

Indeed, I did not know that my model is not sold in the US, sorry.

Anyway, I hope I can get community help here from other users as well ;), and then maybe also the issue is not strictly related to my model, who knows.

Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Lines which are not related to foreign debris caught or stuck in the paper transport or print mechanism, are often the result of incorrect media settings, paper size or margins.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick,

but this is not the case, because the same document prints perfectly if I just disable double sided printing, leaving all other options intact.

I wonder if it is possible that any part of the duplex unit is to be cleaned, and if it can be done at home. It's pretty clear to me that the lines appear only when the second side of the sheet is printed.

Announcements