cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6230dw Printer only prints two thirds of page

Westly
Apprentice

Hey all!  First time poster, and absolutely frustrated to the point of tears with my new printer.

I'm a bookbinder, and the reason I got this printer was for the duplex printing, and the speed of the print.  Laser printer for cheap?  Awesome!

I get it home, and I try to print it off of my Macbook Pro (12.4 Monterey), and... it spits out a smushed image in the top 2/3rds of the page.

Okay.  Frustrated, I change every setting ever.  Nothing changes.

I grab my iPad and my iPhone, and print off of those.  They come out great, full page.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to flip the prints the approprate way... booklet printing is frustrating... So I'm back on my mac.

I then uninstall every printer I can from my macbook, and reinstall the drivers for Monterey, reboot, print, and... it's the same smushed image.

The preview shows the full page.  

Preview screen.png

But I always end up with this!!

Printout.png

Any advice would be helpful.  I just don't know what to do!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Westly,

The issue could be caused by driver settings or the incorrect driver is being used with the printer. In this situation, you can try clicking on the print settings in the Photoshop print window to make sure the paper size and scaling is correct. When printing from an iOS device, you can download and install our Canon Print Business app to get additional print settings. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. Do you run into the same issue if you attempt to print outside of photoshop?
  2. Which driver file did you install from our Canon USA site?
  3. What size paper are you printing on?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements