cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6230dw - ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND - Mac OS Catalina 10.15

brittneyleahc
Apprentice

I purchased this printer in January this year and struggled to get connected but finally got it up and running. I had not had issues with it until this week. I was able to print on Wednesday, then Thursday went to print and all of a sudden it just wouldn't print anything in my queue. It is supposed to be a wireless connection as I don't have anywhere to plug it in on my MacBook Air. So, I got frustrated and asked my husband to look at it, who uninstalled the printer. I went to reinstall it and now the firmware won't install because it says it isn't up to date (my OS is, the firmware is not). I am losing my mind and have already called Amazon to return the printer, but I really NEED a printer for school and for printing things for my kids school, so it would be GREAT if this one would just work!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 11.15.17 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm afraid we cannot see the image you attached.  Its a thumbnail and not an image legible or large enough for vieweing. 

You do not need any firmware for this printer.  (maybe you are using this term incorrectly)?

If you intend to use this printer with MAC OS Catalina, you will need two software applications for it to work

Both are availble here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/lbp...

One is: Download here >>> MF/LBP Network Set Up Tool (install first)

and the other here >>> UFRII LT Printer Driver (install second)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This is what shows up when I install those files.Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 11.15.17 PM.png

Hi brittneyleahc.

The updated drivers are avaiable, free of charge, on the LBP6230dw Drivers & Downloads page.  If the problem persists after updating the drivers and software, our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I actually downloaded all of those and it wouldn't work on my computer, for some reason. I called customer support and they got me up and running!!! Heart

Announcements