Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

LBP621Cw - Manual Duplex Mode

Hello,

I bought a Canon LBP621Cw which I understand that auto-duplex isn't available. But in any printer you should have the ability for manual duplex printing; meaning you print the odd-set of pages first and then flip-over the printed pages and re-insert them, print the other set of pages in the back of the papers.

This software feature isn't available on Canon LBP621Cw and I have tried different drivers in the same printer series without any luck.

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Nadun

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LBP621Cw - Manual Duplex Mode

Greetings,

Although I understand the concept (what you are trying to do), I have never heard of it referred to as a "feature".  

What you are describing would be a time consuming and laborious, manual process.

I would suggest buying a duplex printer.  Why put yourself through the inconvenience and torture.  Very little additional money that would save you hours of your life in time and evergy.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
New Contributor

Re: LBP621Cw - Manual Duplex Mode

Hi shadowsports,
It's not that laborious to simply flip the pages and re-insert them to the feeding tray... ☺️
This option was there in my good old epson stylus and Canon ip 1980 basic inkjet printers as well. This is the first printer that I came across that this option isn't available. I couldn't believe that Canon failed to include such a simple option to a Laser printer.
Hope they will include this on an driver update.