cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAZY HELP - GX7021 supply issues

TW79
Apprentice

WE ARE WANTING TO BUY A MAXIFY GX7021 PRINTER WHICH SEEMS TO BE OUT OF STOCK IN MANY PLACES - INCLUDING CANON THEMSELVES. I CALLED TO SEE WHEN THEY MAY BE AVAILABLE AND I WAS TOLD THEY DO NOT HAVE THAT INFORMATION. I CALL BS! ITS PURE LAZINESS BECAUSE THE MANUFACTURER HAS A BUILD SCHEDULE  FOR ALL THEIR PRODUCTS AND SOMEONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACCESS THAT INFORMATION AND GET BACK TO US, BUT THEY DID NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO TRY THAT ROUTE - PURE LAZINESS AND LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hello.

Welcome to the Canon Community. Posting in all caps is not allowed on the Canon Community. This is your first and last warning. Any further violations can result in a permanent ban. 

The sales team has the ability to see when inventory is enroute from the factories in Asia to the US. They can also see how many units we have available to sell at a given time.

Logistics is a very complex (and fluid) business. No frontline agent has the ability to see the whole picture, nor is it available publicly to customers. The very most an agent is allowed to give to a customer is whether we have product on the way and if it's available to sell. If they don't see that information, they can't give you that information. They're not hiding anything from you. They aren't being lazy. They genuinely don't see it because it's not in the system yet. They want to help you - it's in everyone's best interest to sell you a product, after all. 

Geez, I'm so sorry for using all caps and OFFENDING you apparently?!?! I worked for a very large equipment manufacturer and know the processes very well, all I wanted is a time frame when the product could be expected on the market again, like I said, there are production schedules and they can be sourced. all I wanted was a timeframe to base my decision as where and when to purchase one. Canned answers do not impress any customer. An old factory rep told me this one time - "the customer doesn't want to know how much you know, they want to know how much you care". By not saying, or being taught to find the information, shows we the customers how much you care. So it is with todays world. So sad.

You didn't offend me; you violated the Community Guidelines. In case you missed them, HERE's a refresher.

None of my answers are canned. They're based on my 13 years of experience with Canon and understanding how our business works. I'm sorry I tried to tell you why we couldn't give you more information. My bad. 🤷‍

Wow, I'm glad i didn't/don't have to deal with you myself.

I very often encounter "Product unavailable, do not know when it will be" when I'm looking for equipment at dealers & manufacturers....Canon, online photo dealers, Amazon, other manufacturers. etc. Supply & distribution chain issues are rampant nowadays in many, many businesses in many industries. Learn to accept it.

When I was a customer Rep I never stopped at "its Not Available", I did my best to find the answers for the customer. Like I said, everything has a build schedule, its not rocket science, except in todays world.

Good luck in your printer search.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements