cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues printing with Canon MF 4100

Raitee
Apprentice

I'm running Windows 8.1, and I've downloaded the drivers for this printer from here

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageclass_series/imageclass_m...

I'm able to print, but only with much difficulty.

First, the printing preferences page is in Chinese. Now, it just so happens that I can read Chinese so that in it self is not an issue, but why is it in Chinese?

Second, the real issue is that printing preferences defaults to A4 size paper. I'm using Letter size paper, and that is the setting all of my programs are set to for printing. 

So, when I print a multi-page document, only the first page prints, and then the printer stops, beeps, and says that the paper is incorrect. The only way to correct this is to cancel that job, manually change the setting in printing preferences to Letter, and then reprint.

So what gives?

If this is unclear, please let me know and I'll try to reexplain.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Raitee.

I will be glad to assist you.  It appears that the drivers did not install correctly.  Please disconnect the printer from the computer and follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

1.  Unplug the USB cable from the printer.

***Please leave the USB cable disconnected until you have uninstalled and completely reinstalled the drivers.  Connecting the printer before going through the "Setup Wizard" may cause the Windows operating system to install a generic driver for the printer.***

2.  Press the Windows key and 'x'.

3.  Select 'Control Panel'.

4.  Select Devices and Printers.  The Devices and Printers window opens.

5.  In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF4100 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer.  Delete all of the icons for the MF4150.

6.  Close the Devices and Printers window then press the Windows key and 'x'.

7.  Select 'Control Panel'.

8.  Select 'Programs and Features'.

9.  Double click on driver to uninstall.  Follow the on screen prompts.  Repeat to uninstall the MF Tool box.

10.  Restart you computer.

11. Leaving the USB cable disconnected, please download the driver from the Canon website using the following link: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

12. The site will automatically detect your operating system. 

13.  Next, select [Drivers] and the file [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4150 MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear).

14.  Click "I Agree - Begin Download".

15.  Save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, click "Run".

16.  Click "I Decline - Go Back" on the Canon site and select [Software] and the file [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf16.

17.  Save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, click "Run".

18.  Close the Canon window and go to the location on the computer where the files are saved, usually [Downloads].

19.  You will see two icons with the name MF4150_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_2.exe.  Double click on the yellow folder icon.  In the folder you will see two files with the name "Setup".  Double click on the "Setup" that has the type [Application].

20.  The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open.  Please proceed through the setup and restart the computer.

21.  After the computer restarts, please connect the USB cable to the computer and allow the computer to finish the installation process.  Once the printer is listed in [Devices and Printers], right-click on the icon and select it as the default printer.  Please open a document on the computer and print it out.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  If the error persists,  please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements